Who doesn’t love paella! This is our take on Traditional Paella Valenciana.
1 cup green peas
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tbsp. of olive oil
5 drops of lemon juice
2 strands of saffron
1 branch of marjoram
1 sprig of parsley
1 chopped onion
1 cup green beans
2 cups of rice
1 green bell pepper cut into strips
1 red bell pepper cut into strips
500 g shrimp
500 g cooked mussels
1 kg of clams
200 g of sliced chorizo
500 g of pork ribs
1 chicken cut into pieces
- Keep the thighs, breast, and chicken legs on the side; cook the other pieces in 1 1/4 liters of water with the parsley, marjoram, salt and pepper to make a broth; strain and reserve.
- In a paella pan, heat the oil and fry the chicken pieces that you reserved together with the ribs; when they begin to brown, remove them and reserve.
- In the same fat fry the chorizo and the onion; remove the excess fat and add the rice, stir it with fat, add the fried chicken, the ribs and the vegetables.
- Measure the chicken broth, it should be 1 liter (if necessary add water); add the saffron and stir the liquid.
- Pour over the rice, add the lemon drops and arrange the seafood. Cover with aluminum foil, lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, season with salt and pepper, add the chorizo and cook until the rice is soft but whole.