Squatted house in the centre of Alcoy catches fire

A fire broke out in the first floor of a squatted house on C/ Santa Rita Friday afternoon attracting the attention of neighbours who called the emergency services.

Eyewitnesses say they saw two young girls with a baby in their arms leave the building shortly after the fire broke out.

Local police quickly cordoned off the area and evacuated tenants from adjacent buildings so that fireman could tackle the blaze.

At the moment there is no information about the origin of the fire or the condition of the building.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *