Work starts on pedestrian walkway linking Cocentaina and Alcoy

The pedestrian walkway between Cocentaina and Alcoy was first announced in May 2016. Work has now started on the project almost two and a half years later. It will be located on the north side access road between Cocentaina and Alcoy in the area near Gormaig.

The construction will also include a footbridge to allow pedestrians to cross the busy intersection where cars entering and leaving Alcoy meet.

The works will cost 110,000 euros of which Alcoy will pay 70%, while Cocentaina will pay the remaining 30%.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *